Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Avocado Chicken Salad

Boiling chicken is the healthiest way you can go, but it's not the tastiest, most flavorful way. I grew tired of substituting mayo with hummus, and was looking for something new. I am totally in love with my homemade guacamole, and decided to combine the two. I loved it so much I think I've had it for lunch or dinner everyday for the last week. It's a must-try!

Ingredients (for single serving):

1 Chicken breast (I use Nature's Promise; 4oz, 110 calories)
1/2 ripe Hass avocado
1-2T mild salsa

Boil the chicken until fully cooked. Mash avocado and salsa together until well combined. Cut chicken into chunks, add to guacamole, and mix. Juicy, flavorful, with a protein and good-fat boost. 245 calories, filled with a protein boost that will keep you full! Eat as a snack or pair with a baked sweet potato and green veggie for a filling meal that's still under 500 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment